What is Universal Design?
"The design of products and environments to be usable by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design"
Center for Universal Design, North Carolina State University
Universal Design Principles
- Equal access to all ages and all groups
- Flexible to a range of mobility conditions
- Simple & Intuitive
- Adaptable to a range of sensory abilities
- Safe features / tolerance for error
- Low physical effort
- Ergonomic space and size configuration
A Case Study
Request A Public Engagement
Davis Holland Leichsenring, architect & bath designer, is an engaging speaker about universal design principles applied to bathroom design, and other tile and bath subjects of interest for designers, builders and the trade. Below is an example of how an event like this in your own venue can be fun and informative:
Request a public engagement by filling out the online form below.