Davis’ first construction project was the fabrication and installation of sun-dried adobe tiles formed on hand-made wood frames at age five, under the instruction of his German inventor father, a high school science teacher who enjoyed experimenting with indigenous materials. Those original tiles are still intact in the family home in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
His fascination with residential design and construction led him to pursue a degree in Architecture and Industrial Design at the University of Sao Paulo in 1986. Following graduation, Davis went on to practice architecture in Geneva, London, and back to Sao Paulo again, focusing on aging in place, health care facilities, adn health spa design.
But Davis' restless spirit kept him moving. In 1992, while vising Washington, DC, he fell in love with the city. He decided to move there to practice residential architecture in partnership with another Brazilian architect. This work ultimately led Davis to begin his own tile/remodeling company, with focus on bath & spa design and renovation.
Today, Davis devotes his time to promote the impeccable HOLLSPA Floating bench, a revolutionary addition to the upscale shower.
- Since 2005 has served on the National Tile Contractors Association’s (NTCA) Board of Directors, as well as Regional Director and District of Columbia Ambassador to this date
- Received NTCA’s prestigious Best Practices Award in 2008
- Voting member of the ASTM Ceramic Tile Committee since 2005 and the ASTM Dimensional Stone Committee since 2015
- Frequent public speaker in venues including the National Building Museum, the Tile Talk radio program, Coverings, and tile trade shows
- Featured in the Architectural Digest, Home & Design Magazine, HGTV Pro, Spaces Magazines, Washington Post, and major tile trade publications
- Tile consultant for the University of Maryland Decathlon competition from 2005 to 2007
- Six-time award winner, Best of Washington DC in Bath / Spa Design, by the US Commerce Association, 2008-2013
In a special arrangement with the National Tile Contractors Association, Davis is an authorized presenter of NTCA Professional Education Programs. These programs are approved by AIA, ASID, IIDA, IDC and other IDCEC organizations, providing 1 CEU each. Learn more about these programs here.
Request A Public Engagement
Davis is an engaging speaker about universal design principles applied to bathroom design, and other tile and bath subjects of interest for designers, builders and the trade. Below is an example of how an event like this in your own venue can be fun and informative: