In a special arrangement with the National Tile Contractors Association, Davis is an authorized presenter of NTCA Professional Education Programs. These programs are approved by the AIA, ASID, IIDA, IDS and other IDCEC organizations, providing one CEU each.
- Showers: Water Management for Tile & Stone. Learn the proper requirements of water management for typical usage in a shower or tub assembly, for a tile and/or stone shower or tub installation.
- Reliable Shower Construction, Explained. At the completion of this course, the participant will have an understanding of the proper way a reliable shower should be built. The participant will also learn about the testing that is available in the tile industry to certify that an installer can properly install a shower.
- Waterproofing Membranes for Showers & More. Upon the completion of this course, the participant will understand the proper specification of waterproofing, anti-fracture, and moisture barrier membranes when installing tile or stone. While many application types will be covered, there will be an emphasis on showers and steam rooms.
- Ceramic Tile Backerboards Inside and Outside Showers. Using current TCNA and ANSI standards, we will review the specification and installation procedures for the different types of ceramic tile backer board for interior and exterior applications.
- Movement Joints for Tile & Stone Installations. This course will address movement joints in tile and stone. The course will focus on the industry guidelines that govern this matter which are provided by the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) and the American National Standards for Ceramic Tile Installations (ANSI), with particular emphasis in showers.
- Tile Standards & Reference Manuals. The participant will review changes to the TCNA handbooks, ISO references, and NTCA (National Tile Contractors Association) Reference Manual.
- Glass Tile Installation. At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to research, evaluate, and select the appropriate bonding and grouting systems for the successful installation of glass tile. Special considerations for wet environments and outdoors will be discussed.
- Specification and Installation of Large Format Tile. Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to understand the importance of surface preparation, substrate deflection, installation procedures and grouting issues of large format tile and stone.
- Thin Porcelain Tile. Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to understand the manufacturing process, surface preparation, substrate deflection, installation procedures and grouting issues of thin porcelain tile panels.
- Strategies for Exterior Tile Installations. Upon completion of this course, the participant will have an understanding of evaluating the substrate and environmental conditions, selecting the proper materials, and installing the materials for a successful exterior tile installation.
In these presentations, Davis interweaves his vast experience as a bathroom designer/architect, tile forensic inspector/ expert witness, and inventor. He brings his passion to beautiful and universal design principles, his knowledge of industry standards & methods, and adds practical considerations gained as an industry insider, in a fun and interactive experience with the participants. His show-and-tell approach delights audiences of designers, contractors and the trade alike.
Learn more about Davis' credentials here.
Are you interested in scheduling a public engagement for one of the above CEU programs, or on other subjects related to bathroom design and tile specification / installation?
- Email Davis or call his mobile at 240.372.0513.